Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Great Song

In Christ Alone

By Stuart Townsend

 

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light my strength my song
 
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled when strivings cease!
My Comforter my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand
 
 
In Christ alone! - who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This Gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied -
For every sin on Him was laid:
Here in the death of Christ I live
 
 
 
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
 
 
No guilt in life no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till he returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand!

I really, really like this song. I would write more, but I don't have time :'(     (:P)
In Christ,
Kevin

7 comments:

Jenna said...

I love this song too! It's such an encouragement to me:) My blog name (My Strength and Song) goes right with this song, except I got the name from Psalm 118:14. Thanks for the words~

Your sister in Christ,
Jenna

p.s. How's Jonathan doing? Still praying over here.

Rachel said...

No fear of death, this is the power of Christ in me...I enjoy singing this song in worship to my King! He is worthy of all my praise and honor and glory forever and ever!

Yes, how is Jonathan doing? I pray that this dear one is doing much better.

God bless!

Hannahbanana said...

I really love that song.
it's got a perfect message behinde it,:)it's ver uplifting.
and such awesome words :D
Thanks for posting it Kevin
God bless,

Hannah

jjfortheking said...

That is a really great song, Kevin!

Josh said...

This is such a great song! I really like the version Keith and Kristin Getty sing.

How's Jonathan?
Josh

Maiden Princess said...

Kevin,

Well, I finally got around to checking your blog :D Thanks for posting that song..it is a really great one and the words are so moving. Very good words to remember in turbulent times like these. Hope your having a good day!

Because of Grace,
Maiden Princess

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Kyndra,

Thanks for sharing that with us! That is a very powerful song!

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons. (see top sidebar at www.LighthousePrayerLine.org).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Post a Comment