Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Who Do I Think I Am?

Have you ever been out on a dark, clear night when the stars just seem to glow all around you? When you look up and see the vastness of it all, and then you think of yourself. A tiny nobody. A grain of sand. And when you try to imagine our Savior…His greatness… His majesty...it makes you wonder…how could He care about me? Why would he care about me? I mean, look at everything around me. Why would He care whether I die or not? And yet, He died for me? How could anyone do such a thing? When I think like that, it makes me ashamed of myself. He gave His life for me, what have I given to Him? What do I, from day to day, give Jesus?

 

Slightly off topic:

Have you ever asked yourself the question “If I was to become like Jesus, what about me would I have to change?” It’s a very convicting thought.

 

Off topic again :)

How could I, knowing what Jesus did for me, be so selfish as to not give Him everything? Sometimes I think like that. Who do I think I am?

 

After reading over this I see how jumbled up my thoughts are. Sorry! Hopefully you can make sense of it all! :P


Sorry I have not been commenting on any of your blogs lately. I have been sooooo busy with driver's ed, school, and work!


God Bless You All!

Kevin

 

7 comments:

jjfortheking said...

You apologized for it sounding messy? I actually thought it all went together and made perfect sense.

Thanks for sharing, and hope everything goes well with your driver's ed, school and work! :)

God bless,
J.J.

Josh said...

Great thoughts Kevin!
You're right, God's grace is so amazing, can you imagine how insulting it is to him when we sin? All the more reason to thank Him for His grace!

By His grace alone,
Josh

Rachel said...

Your post did not seem jumbled up at all! I totally know what you are saying about looking up at the vastness and majesty of God's creation and seeing how small I am compared to it all. Although God is a powerful and just God, He is also loving and caring about His children and our daily needs.

Praying for your driver's ed, school, and work! If you don't mind me asking, have you got a hang of making turns while driving? I practiced for the first time last Sat. and haven't quite understood them yet.

God bless!

Kevin Wegner said...

Rachel M.
Since my parents have let me drive almost every other day to pick up my sisters down the road, I was not that nervous about driving or turning. So far I have only gotten one drive in with the instructor but this Monday I will be driving again. :)

Hannah Leigh said...

It made perfect sense, Kevin! :)
I totally agree with your thoughts, and often find myself thinking the very same thing. Wonderful post!

In Christ,
~Miss Rose

P.S. Thanks for following my blog! :)

Rachel said...

Oh, o.k. Thanks for answering my question! (:

Rachel said...

Those are some good thoughts Kevin,
And yes they made sense. :)
God bless you,
Rachel Heyworth

Post a Comment