Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trust

I was reading in the Proverbs the other day and came across the following verses:


"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

I'm sure you've probably heard them before, but it seems to me that they (in a way) sum it all up. I've been wondering...do I always trust in the Lord with my whole heart? The answer, unfortunately, is obvious. No. Do I lean not on my own understanding? Again, a lot of the time, no. I often find myself leaning on my own understanding :(  I also often find that when I do, I also stumble. God's wisdom is far beyond all I can ever comprehend. Sometimes it's hard to realize that what "your" understanding is, is not always the right one. Honestly who thinks that "they" are wrong? But the thing is, we can only see what is currently happening in our lives. God sees our whole life and knows every decision that we should make. Personally, I have always had a hard time giving up my will to someone else, especially when I think I'm right. But, with God it's kind of different. We know that He is right all of the time. That should make it that much easier. So anyways, I'm going to work on putting all of my trust in God and giving up my will to others. I'll leave the rest up to Him :D

God Bless You All, And Goodnight !

In Christ,
Kevin

8 comments:

jjfortheking said...

Okay, three things:

1. Great post and thoughts!
2. Dude, I'm loving your design. =)
3. "That should make i that much easier" "That should make [I'm doing good] that much easier" "That should make [HI EVERYBODY!] that much easier" ... I think I've made my point. :P

God bless, J.J.

Rachel said...

I enjoy those verses! God wants us to acknowledge Him--to come to Him when we have a question; to come to Him when we need strength to get through the day, everything! Our heavenly Father desires that relationship and to trust Him with our future and daily need.

Bethany said...

Great thoughts Kevin. I often find myself leaning too much on my own understanding. Thank you for posting those verses, they were very encouraging.

~Bethany~

Josh said...

Kevin,
I would whole heartedly agree. It is so easy to turn away and attempt to accomplishing things in our own power. Or, stress when something comes up instead of trusting God.

Josh

Kevin Wegner said...

JJ (or Mr. Spellcheck):
lol OOPS!

Kade said...

Great post, and that is a awesome new look! I'm going to have to change ours one of these days...

kade

Katie Wegner said...

A very nice post Kevin :). I agree that if we don't put are trust in the Lord completely, then we should practice putting all our trust in Him :).


In Christ,
Katie W.

Caleb Nathaniel said...

Great Reminder! It's so easy to let my pride stand in the way and think I can do it on my own.

Post a Comment