Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Growing In Faith

Hello Everyone! I was reading in 2 Peter yesterday, and found a portion I really liked. It’s in Chapter 1:5-11. In my Bible they titled this section “Character Qualities To Develop In Life”. Here they are:  

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 6 and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; 7 and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.  
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.  
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins. 10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:  
11 for so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 

We must be diligent in our pursuit of growth. I know I need to work on being more patient. I can have a problem with getting frustrated when people are slow or something. It says to add godliness onto that; and then brotherly kindness. And then love. It says if you have all of these things then you will NOT be unfruitful in the knowledge of Christ. In verse 10, making sure of our calling and election. Peter said that if we we do all these things, we will NEVER fail! If we have faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, godliness, brotherly kindness, and love, we don't leave much room for failure. So I'm asking the Lord to help me to become these things, so that I may have a more intimate relationship with Him, and so that I will never fail :D



Press On Towards The Goal!



In Christ,

Kevin 

6 comments:

Hannahbanana said...

That is awesome!
Great verses, thanks for sharing.
I know I need to work at developing these charater qualities!
So yes I agree, we need to press on towards the ulimate goal in life;
To be like Christ.
God bless you Kevin! ttyl :D

jjfortheking said...

Great post, Kevin. *sigh* Just looking at those verses shows me how totally I fail in all of God's standards.

How forgiving Christ is! :D

Jenna said...

Hey Kevin,
That is an excellent post! Thanks for the encouragement!

How is your Mom doing?

DAWN said...

What a great blog you have!!

DAWN said...

What a great job you did with this blog. Wonderful!!
~Dawn

justagirl4god said...

That's really awesome encouragement Kevin. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment