Friday, July 10, 2009

The Beattitudes

Hello! I was reading in the book of Matthew the other day and the first ten or so verses of The Sermon On the Mount caught my attention. They really convicted me to fall under the "blessed" category. Again I am pressed for time, but I will write a longer post soon, I promise :D

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.



God Bless You All!!!!!!!!!!!


Kevin

5 comments:

Hannahbanana said...

Wow, that is a lot to think about. "Blessed are the peace makers" I really need to put that one to work! I can be so quick to add fuel to the fire, so to speak! :P
I need to be a peace maker not scrapper! :P
those are very good verses Kevin!
they are very convicting!

Jenna said...

Amen! Thanks for the reminder Kevin...we can all learn so much from those verses:)

Hey, I've been praying for your Mom, and just wondered how she and the baby are doing?

Your Sister in Christ,
Jenna

Josh said...

Thanks for posting this Kevin. There's so much that I can improve on in this passage!

God Bless,
Josh

Rachel said...

Very good verses.
Thank you for posting them.
I'll be looking forward to your next post! :D
ttyl, God bless! :)

Calvary said...

(Sorry to have to leave an unnecessary comment.) My blog address has been changed.

Here is the link:

www.its4hisglory.blogspt.com

(Note: if you continue to follow my blog, you will have to rejoin.) Thanks!

Post a Comment