Sunday, June 7, 2009

Jonathan Scott Wegner --- My Latest Memories

Oh Jonathan. I remember how every time I got home from work, I would take you over and show you the cuckoo clock. You loved it sooo much. Since the mechanism had stopped working on it, I would open the little doors myself and make the sound of the little birdy. Oh how you loved it. I remember just after I took that last picture of you, I made the sound of the little cuckoo birdy and you turned your head and looked at it. You reached your hand out to say you wanted to go see it. I got up and took you over there. I did the ritual of asking you where the cuckoo birdy was and then opening the doors. You got so excited. But I didn't hold you too long. How I wish I would have held on to you for a little while longer. It was the last time I would hold you before you left us.

I remember the little "smooch face" you would make when you were in that certain mood. It was so sweet. Just this morning, when I was making myself something to eat and everybody was in the living room, I thought I heard you whimper like you were in there with everybody. And then I remembered. You're gone.

I remember thinking about what you would be like when you were a little older. What kind of personality would you develop? Already you had a very sweet one. I'd look down into your bright blue eyes and think about what it was going to be like to have you walking around the house. It was hard to imagine.

I remember the two mornings before you died, you were rolling around the floor back and forth getting stuff to play with. I commented to mom saying how much more active you had gotten lately. She agreed.

I remember the evening after I took that last picture, I was cleaning up the mudroom, and you came rolling in there in your walker. The more shoes I picked up off the floor, the farther you would come in, until finally you could get to me. After I had finished you were over in the kitchen and when I walked by you, you started to whine and cry a little bit. And do you remember? I just gave you some toys to quiet you down. Oh how I wish I would have picked you up and calmed you down. It would have been the last time I held you.

I remember the last time I saw you. You were in your diaper laying in mom's lap sucking on your bottle. Every few sucks you would turn your head and look away.

I remember that I never said goodnight to you. I just got into bed. Oh Jonathan if I would have known what was about to happen I would have held you close and told you how much I loved you. I do love you Jonathan...and I always will.

____________________________________________________________________


These are definitely not all of my memories of Jonathan. If I was to recite them all I would bring down the blogspot server. I am going to look for pictures of him to post soon. I love you all and thank you for your prayers and support.

May Jesus Bless and Keep ALL of You!!

In Christ,
Kevin

21 comments:

Bethany said...

Kevin,
So touching, reminds me to hold my siblings dear. Thank you.

Still praying for each one of you.
~Bethany~

Sherry in MI said...

Hi Kevin,
You don't know me, but I know Josh R. and saw his prayer request for you with a link to your blog. With tears streaming down my face, I thank you for the reminder that life is precious and we need to recognize that. Praying for your family.

Sherry

jjfortheking said...

Kev...

That is amazing. I'd be suprised if anyone could read it without tears. So moving... thank you for writing it.

Hope to see you soon, bro!
J.J.

Josh said...

Kevin,
What a beautiful tribute to Jonathan with On Faith Alone playing peacefully in the background. I can just imagine Jonathan in he presence of his maker singing: "Hallelujah!"...I am just crying and hurting with you all, thinking how precious siblings are...

God Bless you Brother,
Josh

Unknown said...

Kevin,
Praying for you all. Thank you for sharing your memories. Love Aunt Kelly

Rachel said...

That was a beautiful tribute of Jonathan. Thank you for the reminder of always being thankful for our family and how precious they are.

God bless, Kevin.

~Rachel M.

Levi Bendixen said...

Kevin,
Thanks for sharing those precious memories with us. They sound like they're looking right into your heart, your deepest feelings. Jonathan truly was a wonderful, amazing baby. In this time of sorrow, remember Christ's own sorrow.

May the Lord bless you,
Levi

Camden said...

Wow, what memories to make one tear up. I saw this on the Rebelution forums, but only after I came here did I make the connection. We're all praying for you.

Camden

Kade said...

Wow man. I'll pray for you.

kade

Caleb Nathaniel said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be praying for you and your fam.

God Bless You,
Caleb

"But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep."
~1 Thessalonians 4:13,14

Sandra said...

Kevin,
Johnathan has touch so many people in the short amount of time he had with us. Keep his memories alive. We are praying for all of you.
Aunt Sandy

Maiden Princess said...

Oh Kevin! I'm about to lose it completely. I still can hardly believe he's really gone. My mind still hasn't fully comprehended it yet. I am glad I am able to cry and grieve with your family though. I know it's hard to not look back and say "I wish I would've done things differently" but we just have to trust that God knew what He was doing and walk by faith, even though it'll be the hardest thing we will do. My first thought when I was talking to Amy that morning was, "No, this can't be! I didn't get to hug him one last time or kiss him goodbye. I didn't get to love him enough!" Please know that we are hurting right along with you.

Your Loving Sister In Him,
Maiden Princess

Anonymous said...

We are praying for your family. A friend of ours sent us your brother's blog as a prayer request. So sorry to hear about your baby brother.

Campbell Family from Utica Ohio

Michael said...

Kevin,
Just recently found your blog and I will be praying for you.

Michael

Calvary said...

I'm praying for you and your family. I can only imagine loosing my little brother. Remember, God will be close to you through this...

~Michaila

Alec Kindred said...

I'm praying for your whole family brother! You keep on serving God and keep going. Dont run away from God or stop serving the great king! God bless you!

Anonymous said...

hi u dont know me but i got here though a freinds blog...im very sorry for u and ur family but ill be praying for u and thankyou for oping my eyes to see what i realy have in a family

Anonymous said...

Hi I'd love to congratulate you for such a great quality forum!
Just thought this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Johnie Maverick
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/mothers-day-party-supplies.html]mothers day Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

good morning dudes. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 200 pounds on every site. But definitively I set this area selling them for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening friends. I'm really into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices seeking the sneakers are approximately 190 dollars on every page. But definitively I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

ewpUUzx , [url=http://www.xvideos.com/video1851884/they_milk_a_horde_and_share_their_capture]German born red head teen banged through a couple of unpleasant guys[/url] , bJrPoDpXh, Gina doing his thing , acfTUyg, http://www.xvideos.com/video1851800/shayna_knight_takes_a_load Gia Paloma will get sperm for my child eyesight , xsfLAxp. zXdJtJyZq , [url=http://www.xvideos.com/video1851036/three_boys_and_three_girls_7]A pair of sluts obtain bumped simply by person[/url] , iQLgvYjvWB, Young lady giving a new blowjob using the TV about , WaUUqVt, http://www.xvideos.com/video1851556/priya_is_a_busty_asian_dream Mom West wants you to definitely fuck the woman's small rear end , GjxwBUBch.

Post a Comment