Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our 44th President

Inauguration day, January 20, 2009, Barack Obama, the first African-American to become president of the United States of America, is sworn into office. It’s amazing to think that just 50 years ago, he would not have been allowed to drink at the same drinking fountain as a white person, yet now he can rise to the highest position in the U.S.A.. Do I agree with a lot of his positions? No, I don’t. Laws regarding same-sex marriage and abortion will now be passed under his authority. But whether you agree with him or not, he will be our president for the next four years.

A month or two ago, I read a paper where somebody asked if Christians were praying for Barack Obama. Have you? I haven’t. He brought up an interesting point. We should be praying for our country’s leaders, whether we agree with them or not. I pray that our 44th president will look to God before making any decision in the White House. I pray that he will remember that our country was founded “Under God”, and that passing the laws he intends to pass will pull our country farther away from God, not closer to Him. Nevertheless, let your will be done, Lord.

God Bless America!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shrug.

I didn't even watch the Inauguration. He really scares me. But yes, we do need to be in prayer for him.

Huckabee 2012, J.J. ;)

Bethany said...

Good post. I have been struggling the last few days about this exact issue. I don't feel like respecting him, but he is our new president. I guess praying for him is about all we can do anyway. :)
BTW, I really like your blog!
~Bethany~

Rachel said...

We do need to pray for he and his family, even when we don't agree with him. God is in control of all things. God bless!

Levi Bendixen said...

Great reminder. I do need to pray for Obama. (Along with all the others God wants me to.) God bless

Anonymous said...

Even though Mr. President Barak Obama is now our Supreme Earthly Authority I do know that GOD is still in control of all things and that no matter what the President thinks he will accomplish, if it's not in GOD's plans it won't happen. In this I take comfort. My Father does all things for the good of His children.

Because of Grace,
Maiden Pirncess

Post a Comment