Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Whole Heart

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.(Galatians 2:20) KJV


The life we live as Christians is by faith in Jesus Christ. Our life is no longer our own. We have committed our entire life to him. We have died, and Christ reigns inside our hearts. But I find it easy to keep a corner of my heart for my own, not giving him all. This, of course, leads me to stumble later on, because I can’t handle my own life. God didn’t ask for part of my heart. He didn’t ask for most of it. He asked for my whole heart. I know I need to look and make sure I have given him my whole heart. Because when I’m at Heaven’s gates, I want to hear my Lord say, “Well done, My good and faithful servant.” To hear Jesus, the Lord of the universe, say that to me (you?) would be incredible. My prayer is that those I come in contact with will see the light of Him, shining forth from me.

Kevin

1 comments:

Hannahbanana said...

this is a good post Kevin I enjoyed readind it keep up the good work God bless you

Post a Comment