Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Love Of The Savior

As some of you know, the ultimate goal of my blog is to share what I have been thinking and doing, and to encourage people in their walk with Jesus Christ. So with that in mind, I would like to ponder about how much love Jesus has for us. I know, it’s something everybody knows, but I find that it helps me to keep my eyes on Him.


What kind of love is it that enables a person to give his life for the people that are killing him? Jesus bore the wrath of God for us, taking on himself all OUR sins so that we might be saved. He was horribly treated, the soldiers spitting on Him and hitting Him, after which, He was beaten with a lead-tipped whip. All of the religious leaders were probably looking on with scorn and satisfaction as all this took place. Then Jesus was forced to carry the cross up a hill just outside of town. Because of the wounds He had received, Simon had to carry it part way there. Jesus was then placed on the cross, held in place by nails through his hands and feet. The religious leaders mocked Him, asking why He did not save Himself. What they did not realize, was that He was dying for them, the very ones who were killing Him. Do you think He couldn’t have come down? He very easily could have saved himself. Please, try and grasp that. Anytime that Jesus wanted to, whether it was while he was being whipped, while spikes were being driven through His hands and feet, or beforehand in the Garden of Gethsemane, He could have decided to not give His life for us. Knowing Satan, he was probably there the whole time, tempting our Lord to save Himself. But our Savior ignored Him. And though Jesus begged the Father to take the cup of wrath away from Him, He was willing to submit to God’s will. It should have been you and me who died. Instead, Jesus took our place. He died so that we might live eternally. How great a price for the souls of sinful man! Praise and thank the Lord for His unconditional love for us, for, without it, you would be eternally damned.


In Christ,

Kevin

7 comments:

Jenna said...

I am forever in amazement of what Christ has done for me...a sinner saved by Grace!
You are right Kevin, it helps me as well, to keep my eyes on Him!

Oh! Thank you Lord for all you have sacrificed for me. I Love you Lord Jesus.

A sister in Christ,
Jenna

Rachel said...

Why would they do such things to such a loving and caring Jesus, Who did not do anything? I could not watch the Passion of the Christ when it came out, because seeing it like that and going through so much pain...

Oh my Jesus. What You went through I can not even begin to describe. Thank You. Thank You.

In Him Alone,
Rachel M.

jjfortheking said...

Those are good points, Kevin. Thanks for writing it!

Joshua said...

Great post Kevin. I am always continually amazed at what Jesus has done for me. Astounding and amazing. Can't even comprehend it.

In Him,
Joshua :D

Bethany said...

Wonderful thoughts Kevin! I am so blessed to have Christ love me so much even though he was beaten for me.

BTW, I gave you an award. Come to my blog to pick it up!

~Bethany~

Anonymous said...

great post!!!

Anonymous said...

Kevin,
You continually amaze me with these deep thoughts. This uncomprehensible love is something I have also thought a lot about. It really is unbelieveable that even though we weren't yet even born, He knew us and died for our sins. How marvelouse HE is! Thank you for the wonderful reminder of how long, deep, high, and wide is the love of Christ.

Have a blessed day,
Maiden Princess

Post a Comment